A Natural Christmas Tree
For Indoors and Out
What you need:
- A small fir tree cut from outdoors
- Assorted apples, pears, lemons, limes, and oranges
- Cinnamon sticks
- A cranberry garland or two
- Snowberries, rose hips, baby’s breath, attractive seed pods, small bird’s nests, whatever you can collect
- Assorted pine cones
- Burlap and twine or raffia
- Cut tree and place in plastic container filled with water. Set in an empty flower pot and wrap with burlap. Secure with twine or a raffia bow.
- Decorate as desired with dried fruit slices, cranberry garlands, glass ornaments, and collected treasures you and the kids can find. (Instructions for making cranberry garlands, dried fruit, and a variety of different natural ornaments are included on these pages).
- Add miniature white lights if you wish.
- Enjoy indoors over the holidays.
- After Christmas, let the kids bring the tree outdoors to share with the birds. Remove any glass ornaments and lights first, then fill pinecones with natural peanut butter. Get out the camera and see what happens!!