green pear smoothie
Yield: 2 large servings or 4 small servings
- 1/2 cup of warm water, or more as needed to blend
- 1 large, ripe Bartlett pear, sliced and core removed
- 1 kiwi, flesh scooped out
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 1 cup of spinach leaves
- 2 dates, pitted or 1 tablespoon of sweetener such as maple syrup, agave or honey
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 cup of ice
Place all of the ingredients in a blender, in the order listed above, blend on high until desired consistency. Serve immediately.
- Optional nutritional boosters - 1 tablespoon flaxseeds, 1/2 teaspoon spiralina, or half of an avocado for a creamier consistency.
- Nutrition information per 1 large serving (1/2 of recipe): 192 calories, 1 g total fat, 0 g saturated fat, 50 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 2 g protein
You may also like...
Breakfast Quinoa with Warm Honey Pears
Overnight oats are a popular choice for breakfast. But this version changes things up with Quinoa and chia seeds instead of oats!